Ryan Musteikis, number 11, walks the field during a game as he gets ready to play midfield. Photo used with permission from Ryan Musteikis.
Live, love, LAX!
May 6, 2024
Live, love, LAX!
Deepa Ramesh and Zoe WesterlundMay 6, 2024
The shop is one of five in North Carolina, with the others being in Raleigh, Garner, Apex and Rolesville. Soon, they will be opening a location in Six Forks.
Trips in the Triangle: Sodabox
Max Spiegel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
HBO Max’s newest documentary, Brandy Hellvile & The Cult of Fast Fashion, seeks to expose the secrets behind the trendy and aesthetic nature of the popular brand, Brandy Mellvile.
Brandy Hellville: Do you fit in?
Deepa Ramesh, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Corinne Isaacs (25) and Ivana Gomez (25) after finishing the 200m dash, placing first and third. Picture used with permission from Coach Julie Ross.
Green Hope outdoor track & field takes on the SWAC Conference meet
Miguel Carrasco Gomez, Staff Writer • May 6, 2024
Brij Bhatt (‘25) and Aidan Xu (‘25) heading off the court after a fierce doubles matchup. Photo used with permission from Rafik Khismatov (24).
Back to back?
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
Live, love, LAX!
Trips in the Triangle: Sodabox
Max Spiegel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Brandy Hellville: Do you fit in?
Back to back?
Live, love, LAX!
May 6, 2024
Back to back?

Trips in the Triangle: Berry picking

Annabella Monge
Buckets full after finding fresh strawberries on a spring day, at DJ’s berry patch.

With the change of the season comes a whole plethora of springtime activities in and around Cary. Over the years, berry picking has proven itself to become a top contender on the list of spring activities. As spring arrives, seasonal fruits and veggies bring fun as they grow. Some favorites include apples, strawberries, cherries, apricots and pineapple. Berry picking is fun for family activities, younger children, picnics, day trips with your friends and more. The GH Falcon has compiled a list of the Triangle’s best berry picking spots. 

Green Hope Farm

This farm in Morrisville offers a large selection of seasonal activities. In the spring, they offer planting, picking and event activities such as their Harvest Fest. Many will plant strawberries on the farm, offering a nice and easy setup and making it fun for families on a day trip. This also involves picking and eating ripe strawberries! The farm offers many vegetables such as zucchini, radish and more. If you’re not in the mood to get vegetables or fruit, they have other activities including live music, vendors, and crafts. 

Phillips Farm

Cary’s Phillips Farms’ strawberry patch opens in late spring and offers the biggest and ripest strawberries. They also offer shop and play Saturdays, which provide a variety of fun activities for children and adults on a warm, sunny day. These include live music, BBQ, games, rides and other activities. Phillips Farms is great with seasonal activities, including their Halloween set-up in the fall. Many locals and people in North Carolina enjoy going to Philips Farms and always keep watch out for current events.

DJ’s vast selection of fresh strawberry plants to pick your fresh fruits. (Annabella Monge)

DJ’s Berry Patch

This strawberry picking facility is one of the best in the area. The strawberries that DJ’s provide are some of the yummiest and ripest. DJ’s Berry Patch is found in Apex and provides large buckets for picking strawberries across the fields. You will always find a bucket full of strawberries; they are everywhere and everyone enjoys being at this berry patch.

Herndon Hills Farm

This farm offers blueberry picking a little further out in Durham. It is a small business and provides many bushels for picking the freshest blueberries in the area. There is seating and lots of space to enjoy your time with friends and family. There’s also scenery, with a lake and flowers, which makes the whole spring setting come together. 

Go to one of these farms and have a lovely spring outing with people you care about. Bring some fresh fruit and spend time outside as the weather gets nicer. It’s a fun activity and very enjoyable.

This new season brings so much joy, including the juicy and sweet fruits the spring provides. Consider berry picking at one of these farms to enjoy a nice day out in the warmer and more colorful outdoors.