Concerts are a fun way to interact with your favorite artists surrounded by friends and fans. Photo by Anthony DELANOIX on Unsplash
Trips in the Triangle: Upcoming Concerts
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
Having a vacuum cleaner and trash bags helps complete cleaning with ease.
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
Felicity Falcon, Advice-Giver-in-Chief • April 12, 2024
As the 2023-24 school year wraps up, juniors prepare for college applications. Photo used with permission from Philippe Bout on Unsplash
Junior checklist for the college application season
Justin Jackson, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024
Played in the Hornets home arena, Charlotte played host to first and second-round matchups including UNC vs. Michigan State.
March Madness recap
Mason Dean and Mason ClineApril 11, 2024
Brinley Zalc (’24) is #5 on the womens soccer team and defends against an opponent from Athens Drive. Photo used with permission from Brinley Zalc.
Spring sports: Start of season recap
Armaan Minhas, Staff Writer • March 22, 2024
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap

Talents of Theater: Dianhao Li

Dianhao Li (’25), portraying “Lendall” in Green Hope’s production, “Almost Maine,” acts out a breakup with fellow member of the drama club. Photo used with permission from Dianhao Li.

As the curtains open, one man stands center stage: junior and veteran member of Green Hope’s theater program Dianhao “Dan” Li. 

Dan Li (‘25) was drawn to the fine arts after years of wondering if he would be any good in a theater production. He stated, “I always wanted to try acting so I took a theater class. Mr. Comperatore, the theater teacher, convinced me to try the musical and I loved it.”

Li does not have to wonder about his capabilities falling short anymore as he has taken part in various school plays such as “Freaky Friday,” “Head over Heels,” “Addams Family,” many more and now “9 to 5.” In addition to theater, Li is a valued member of the Green Hope Chorus and utilizes his vocal skills to aid in the production of his character “Dick,” a condescending fool who cheats on his wife with his young secretary. Li’s presence on the stage will be hard to miss.

Dianhao Li portrays a young child telling a scary story in the dark that encourages clean hygiene. Photo used with permission from Dianhao Li.

Outside of the theater Li participates in various fitness activities such as wrestling, working out and rock climbing. Li works at the Triangle Rock Club in his very limited free time and keeps himself busy without letting it take a toll on his academics.

Li plans to continue in theater through his senior year having nothing but positives to share about his experience. When asked about his favorite part of being in these productions he shared, “I love when you start putting everything together, especially with the musicals. You start off singing, acting and dancing separately but when you finally piece it together it’s really satisfying.” He also shared that he had grown very close to many of his fellow students in fine arts courses.