Concerts are a fun way to interact with your favorite artists surrounded by friends and fans. Photo by Anthony DELANOIX on Unsplash
Trips in the Triangle: Upcoming Concerts
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
Having a vacuum cleaner and trash bags helps complete cleaning with ease.
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
Felicity Falcon, Advice-Giver-in-Chief • April 12, 2024
As the 2023-24 school year wraps up, juniors prepare for college applications. Photo used with permission from Philippe Bout on Unsplash
Junior checklist for the college application season
Justin Jackson, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024
Played in the Hornets home arena, Charlotte played host to first and second-round matchups including UNC vs. Michigan State.
March Madness recap
Mason Dean and Mason ClineApril 11, 2024
Brinley Zalc (’24) is #5 on the womens soccer team and defends against an opponent from Athens Drive. Photo used with permission from Brinley Zalc.
Spring sports: Start of season recap
Armaan Minhas, Staff Writer • March 22, 2024
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap

SATIRE: Class of ‘24 memories

Armaan Minhas
Surviving until graduation once you know of your college acceptances is especially difficult, the stress only grows.

With just five months left before Seniors depart the halls of Green Hope High for the last time, the time feels like it’s passing all too fast. 

The first day of regular in-person school for the Class of ‘24 was in the ‘21-’22 school year and was really the first day of high school. Upon returning to in person school the pandemic was still in its last stages and masks were necessary to keep the pandemic at bay, they were also extremely comfortable and reduced the awkwardness that was initially present.

The class of ‘24 experienced a variety of new experiences in Sophomore year such as the removal of a Christmas tree from a men’s bathroom to promote efficient restroom use.

The abundance of fire alarms was also extremely prevalent at this time with the record being a whopping five alarms in one day. The issue was so problematic that administrations guided staff and students to ignore the alarms after the third one.

With woodworking no longer offered at Green Hope, the holes in the men’s bathrooms offer great insight into construction and architecture. Students also removing soap dispensers and toilets as part of the “devious lick” trend contributed to a well rounded understanding of the importance of personal hygiene and plumbing mechanics.

The start of the ‘23-’24 school year was violent with several crashes happening during school lunch and after school on Carpenter Upchurch Road. Despite nobody being injured it was a great learning experience for students to actually obey driving laws and not take them as suggestions.

No longer being able to roam the halls, attend classes every day before the sun rising, maintaining perfect attendance, and achieving the impossible task of obtaining no tardies are just a few of the lasting memories of the graduating class of Falcons.