Concerts are a fun way to interact with your favorite artists surrounded by friends and fans. Photo by Anthony DELANOIX on Unsplash
Trips in the Triangle: Upcoming Concerts
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
Having a vacuum cleaner and trash bags helps complete cleaning with ease.
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
Felicity Falcon, Advice-Giver-in-Chief • April 12, 2024
As the 2023-24 school year wraps up, juniors prepare for college applications. Photo used with permission from Philippe Bout on Unsplash
Junior checklist for the college application season
Justin Jackson, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024
Played in the Hornets home arena, Charlotte played host to first and second-round matchups including UNC vs. Michigan State.
March Madness recap
Mason Dean and Mason ClineApril 11, 2024
Brinley Zalc (’24) is #5 on the womens soccer team and defends against an opponent from Athens Drive. Photo used with permission from Brinley Zalc.
Spring sports: Start of season recap
Armaan Minhas, Staff Writer • March 22, 2024
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap

Top travel picks for this Winter break

Mason Cline
Yellowstone National Park is home to more than 500 active geysers and 290 waterfalls.

Winter break is a much needed time for students and staff to take a step back from academics and extracurriculars. With break less than two weeks away, traveling out of town can be a relaxing and exciting way to spend your break.

The GH Falcon composed a list of top travel destinations to book last minute for an unforgettable winter vacation.

Orlando, Florida

Ranging from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Universal Studios in Disney World to SeaWorld, Orlando has a vast array of theme parks guaranteed to bring the perfect experience based upon what you are looking for. If you have young children or are simply an avid fan, Lego Land can be a great theme park to spend several or just one day at. If you are looking to connect with the ocean and sea life, the ocean itself is just a little over an hour away but SeaWorld itself is an amazing experience that caters to all and allows for the experience of a lifetime.

Breckenridge Ski Resort in Breckenridge, Colorado

For those looking to fully immerse themselves in the cold, the dream skiing vacation is the perfect way to do so. The resort has the ability to cater to a variety of experiences ranging from lessons for first timers to challenging slopes for experienced skiers who seek new challenges. The resort even utilizes an app to help guests seamlessly use their passes and view interactive trail maps. Beyond skiing, the resort also hosts a historic ‘mountain town’ where guests can spend their evenings and nights. This is the perfect getaway vacation for families and friend groups.

Saint Martin, Northeast Caribbean

A dream getaway for anyone looking to escape the harsh winter weather, Saint Martin is the perfect place to soak in the sun. Its rich history dating back to the early 1600’s, it is an ideal location for enjoying the culture of the island as well as the local cuisine. To get to the island, a rapid flight can help maximize time spent on the island while a long relaxing holiday season cruise can help you travel towards other nearby travel destinations as well.

Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

Spanning over 2.2 million acres and three states, Yellowstone National Park has more nature than one could possibly take in. The bison, antelope and elk that decorate the untouched natural landscape are great examples of things one frequently spots. The landscape itself ranges from forests to canyons and waterfalls giving any visitor a variety of sights to decide to visit. With over 12 campsites and several lodges across the park, visitors can stay directly on the park or choose from the lodging options just outside of the park. Yellowstone National Park is a great travel destination for families that have a tradition of going on camping trips during the holiday season or a solo camper looking for a wilderness retreat.