Pinning down the win
Pinning down the win
February 23, 2024
GHFalcon News 2/23/24
February 23, 2024
The Green Hope girls diving into a relay during the NCHSAA 4A State Championship Meet, with Green Hope athletes in lane five.
From pool to podium
February 22, 2024
Quiz: Which lacrosse player are you?
Quiz: Which lacrosse player are you?
Regan Orlando and Mason ClineFebruary 23, 2024
Shreya Ravi (‘24) is going to star as Judy in the Green Hope spring musical, 9 to 5. She strikes a pose in the chorus room where GH Theatre hosts many of their practices.
Talents of Theater: Shreya Ravi
Deepa Ramesh, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024
Milkshakes and french fries are a popular food combination. Photo used with permission from yeoul Shin on Unsplash
Yuck or yum: Weird food combinations
Annabella Monge and Jason HuangFebruary 22, 2024
Pinning down the win
Pinning down the win
Zoe Westerlund and Deepa RameshFebruary 23, 2024
Quiz: Which lacrosse player are you?
Quiz: Which lacrosse player are you?
Talents of Theater: Shreya Ravi
Yuck or yum: Weird food combinations
Pinning down the win
Pinning down the win
Pinning down the win
Pinning down the win
February 23, 2024
GHFalcon News 2/23/24
February 23, 2024
From pool to podium
February 22, 2024
Pinning down the win
Pinning down the win

Ms. Tina Robinette named Teacher of the Month

For the month of November, Ms. Tina Robinette will be featured in Crabtree mall as the Gold Star Teacher of the Month.
Nearly 100 students from her three class periods congratulated Ms. Robinette on receiving this award. Photo used with permission from Jane Seibert.

On Friday, Oct. 27, Green Hope biology and marine ecology teacher Ms. Tina Robinette was recognized as the Gold Star Teacher of the Month for November by radio station 94.7 QDR. Ms. Jane Seibert and Principal Alison Cleveland, along with other administrators, planned a large celebration for Ms. Robinette, who was unaware of her recognition. During third period, staff members pulled out students who had Ms. Robinette in other periods to accompany QDR radio hosts Mike Wheless and Amanda Daughtry to present the award. 

Ms. Robinette received a plaque and a $100 dollar gift card as part of the award. Multiple individuals nominated Ms. Robinette for Teacher of the Month and many emphasized her excellent mentorship skills, high standards, approachability, fun lesson plans and compassion.

Ms. Seibert, fellow Green Hope teacher and a good friend of Ms. Robinette, described her friend’s reaction to receiving the award. “I think having all her current students attend the giving of the award made it very special for Ms. Robinette,” Ms. Seibert said. “She got a little emotional, which made everyone in the room understand how meaningful it was to her. Also, it happened to be the last day of school she was here before her medical leave to fight breast cancer, so the timing made it very special.”

While Ms. Robinette juggled two different classes, which could be challenging at times, Ms. Seibert explained that “Ms. Robinette always plans her lessons to be engaging and exciting…She is passionate about both biology and marine ecology and is fair and equitable in order to foster great relationships with each of her students.” 

Ms. Robinette pours so much into her work to preserve such relationships, an investment recognized by many. While “[she] never expects awards or recognition, she was overwhelmed and ecstatic about being recognized and she definitely deserved it,” Ms. Seibert said. “Ms. Robinette truly wants her students to not only be successful in her classes, but also have fun while learning and be successful individuals. She holds high expectations for her students but is willing to offer assistance to any student in order to reach those expectations.”

As an incredible leader and mentor at Green Hope, Ms. Robinette brings great pride to the school with the Gold Star Teacher of the Month award.