Ryan Musteikis, number 11, walks the field during a game as he gets ready to play midfield. Photo used with permission from Ryan Musteikis.
Live, love, LAX!
May 6, 2024
With the weather warming, flower fields across the Triangle begin to bloom. Whether you would like to take pictures, pick flowers, shop organic products or simply take a stroll through picturesque nature, the Triangle has got a place for you!
Trips in the Triangle: Flower fields
Alan Shr, Staff Writer • May 7, 2024
Live, love, LAX!
Deepa Ramesh and Zoe Westerlund May 6, 2024
The shop is one of five in North Carolina, with the others being in Raleigh, Garner, Apex and Rolesville. Soon, they will be opening a location in Six Forks.
Trips in the Triangle: Sodabox
Max Spiegel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Corinne Isaacs (25) and Ivana Gomez (25) after finishing the 200m dash, placing first and third. Picture used with permission from Coach Julie Ross.
Green Hope outdoor track & field takes on the SWAC Conference meet
Miguel Carrasco Gomez, Staff Writer • May 6, 2024
Brij Bhatt (‘25) and Aidan Xu (‘25) heading off the court after a fierce doubles matchup. Photo used with permission from Rafik Khismatov (24).
Back to back?
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
Trips in the Triangle: Flower fields
Alan Shr, Staff Writer • May 7, 2024
Live, love, LAX!
Trips in the Triangle: Sodabox
Max Spiegel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Back to back?
Live, love, LAX!
May 6, 2024
Back to back?

Concerts coming to the NC area this season

New music, new tours and a wider selection. Here are some concerts you should be looking out for in the coming months.
While+PNC+Arena+is+home+to+the+Carolina+Hurricanes%2C+it+also+hosts+some+of+the+biggest+names+in+hip+hop.+
Mason Cline
While PNC Arena is home to the Carolina Hurricanes, it also hosts some of the biggest names in hip hop.

Drake and 21 Savage performed in Charlotte, North Carolina late last month. Enthusiasts from all over the state flocked toward the Spectrum Center to hear the artists live and create memories that would last a lifetime. Missed it? Don’t worry, concert season has only just begun. From the fast rap of Travis Scott to the nostalgic melodies of Stephen Sanchez, here are some concerts you won’t want to miss. 

Travis Scott at PNC Arena

With the defining career marker of his third studio album, Astroworld, fans wondered how Travis Scott would bounce back from his 2018 peak. 5 years later, the rapper comes back hitting the ground running with a brand new album full of timeless hits; Utopia. The immediate publicity on social media following the release of the album, comparing it to the quality of Astroworld, caused streaming of the album to skyrocket. Now, Travis Scott is about to start the press tour for this album which he and his team are calling “Circus Maximus.” One of the first stops on his tour? Raleigh! On Oct. 13 Travis Scott will be performing at PNC Arena and tickets are still available! 

Luke Bryan at Coastal Credit Union Music Park

Coastal Credit Union Music Park, an outdoor venue, holds maximum space through its miles of standing room for its spectators to dance to their favorite artists. (Regan Orlando)

From his 2007 debut single “All my Friends Say,” to being on the American Idol judges panel, Luke Bryan has been a key player in the bringing of country music to a mainstream platform, throughout the past decade. Bryan now begins his 2023 Farm Tour around the country, performing the songs that country lovers grew up on. Fans should note that Luke Bryan will be playing in Walnut Creek at Coastal Credit Union Music Park on Oct. 26. For the same hits known and loved from the early 2010s and for the presence of the man himself, this concert in the Triangle is sure to have you running for a ticket.

The 1975 at The Spectrum Center

Want to take a trip to Charlotte? The 1975 will be stopping at The Spectrum Center in Charlotte as a part of their North American Tour. At one point in time this band was small and alternative but thanks to the popular social media platform, TikTok, they have gained an increase in popularity.  With their hit “Somebody Else” being an anthem of late 2010 culture and “About You” sweeping 2022, you are sure to hear a few familiar tunes in their setlist.  If you don’t plan on going to Green Hope’s homecoming game on Oct. 20, look out for this concert. 

Bring your most comfortable shoes for this one. The Ritz is for standing only so be prepared to be on your feet the whole night! (Sam Chu)

Men I Trust at The Ritz

If you have a special love for modern synth and soft voices, you’ve probably run into a few songs by Men I Trust. The Canadian band consisting of three members including lead vocalist Emmanuelle Prolux has taken soft indie, coined Bedroom Pop for its dreamy melodies, by storm as the calming music makes its way through the internet. The Ritz will be hosting Men I Trust on Nov. 12. A ticket to Men I Trust will ensure an experience of great bedroom pop-in somewhere other than a bedroom. 

Stephen Sanchez at The Lincoln Theatre 

Want to enjoy a cold winter night with warm 50s nostalgia? The Lincoln Theatre will host Stephen Sanchez in early December. The new and upcoming artist got his big break with his hit single “Until I Found You.” The song’s romantic lyrics have found their way into many people’s hearts as well as their weddings! Countless videos of brides and grooms dancing to the song on their special day can still be found all over the internet. Sanchez’s hit song has also been featured in hit shows like “Ginny and Georgia.” Luckily for those in the Triangle, Sanchez will stop in Raleigh on Dec. 9 to start the debut tour for his new album “Angel Face.”

Joji at The Spectrum Center

George Kusunoki Miller, known more commonly as Joji, ended his YouTube career in 2017 to pursue more musical endeavors. It was then that he released his hit debut album “In Tongues.” Since then he’s produced a variety of hits that proved his musical range. His 2018 “Windows” showed his knack for Lo-Fi alternative music while his 2018 hit “SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK” showcased talent for writing emotional ballads. Now Joji is back on the road, after a year, for his Pandemonium North American Tour. The Spectrum Center in Charlotte will be hosting the artist on Nov. 4. If you’re a fan of Joji and city nights, you might want to look out for these tickets.

PNC Arena can make entertaining special effects on stage during a concert like the fiery backdrop seen in this photo. (Mason Cline)

Playboi Carti at PNC Arena 

On Jan. 29 another big name in hip hop will visit PNC Arena. Playboi Carti will be in Raleigh early next year. Despite his most recent album, “Whole Lotta Red,” being released nearly three years ago, his name still holds prevalence in the modern hip-hop scene.  The rapper’s catchy lyrics have made their way into many TikTok trends, such as the first of the month trend, where on the first day of every month, users show themselves lip-syncing to a lyric from the rapper’s song “Sky” for good luck as they enter that new month. As Jan. 29 closes in, ticket sales are rising. Don’t miss out on this one!

Olivia Rodrigo at The Spectrum Center 

Staying true to its reputation, The Spectrum Center is hosting yet another big name: Olivia Rodrigo. From a most anticipated second album to an even more anticipated second tour, Rodrigo fans are running to get the best ticket to the singer’s GUTS World Tour. In 2021, the debut studio album SOUR introduced former Disney star, Olivia Rodrigo, in a whole new light. SOUR proved Rodrigo was angrier with an undertone of melancholy, and her relatability and feminine yet rugged style attracted a large audience quickly. Now, within the first month of its release, the GUTS album has risen to the Billboard Hot 100 as songs like “Lacy” and “Get Him Back!” take fans by storm. Rodrigo never fails to make catchy anthems for the heartbroken and angry, and she also never fails to put on a great show. Get your tickets and book a hotel room for March 8 to be at the next pop phenomenon’s most talked about tour yet.

Hopefully, some of these concerts caught your eye. If not, there will always be more to come as the concert business is starting to boom in the Triangle area. Stay up to date with your local concert venues so you don’t miss out on another night full of groundbreaking artists, passionate performances, and a never-ending adventure through the state’s beautiful cities.