And end scene: Green Hope’s Hollywood prom recap

Neil Parmar, Features Editor

Following a Hollywood theme, Green Hope’s Lights! Camera! Action! prom took place on May 13 at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham. The event was a culmination of Green Hope Administration and Student Government Association’s planning.

For months, the two groups planned for this night full of music, dancing, food and good times. The planners went through many different themes and debated how to represent each one best. They eventually decided that a Hollywood theme would fit best for the Green Hope prom. Featuring a red carpet and a Hollywood photo backdrop, the prom was decorated as if students were A-List actors making their way to a premiere showing.

Although the prom took place from 8-11 p.m., the night began earlier and ended later for many. Students and their dates opted for earlier dinners all over the Triangle, including places in Durham, Raleigh and Cary. Like their dinners, students also preferred photoshoots before the big dance. Falcons flocked to popular spots such as Sarah P. Duke Gardens and the NC Museum of Art.

Going for three hours strong, many Green Hope students enjoyed the dance and basked in the company of their friends and dates. The DJ played popular songs for the students such as Party in the U.S.A., Cupid Shuffle, Don’t Start Now and Turn Down for What. Falcons packed the dance floor when these songs played. Apart from dancing, two students were crowned Prom King and Queen. This prestigious award was determined by a student body vote. At the event, Khris Boston (‘23) and Khasidy Boston (‘23) were named Prom Royalty and received the titles of Prom King and Queen of 2023.

With a crowded ballroom, catchy music and fitting decorations, Green Hope’s Lights! Camera! Action! prom provided Green Hope students with a night to remember.