Falcon fame: Senior Addison Wall takes on the Today Show

Addison Wall

Wall (’23) and two other future pack members take a picture after announcing their commitment on the Today Show.

Lexie Davila, Sports Editor

Making an appearance in the Big Apple, Addison Wall (‘23) was invited on the Today Show to share her accomplishments and college decision with the public. Wall was recognized as one of the “young people [who] do great things” on the Sunday episode of NBC News’ Today Show. She ran for Green Hope’s cross country team all four years of high school, participated in over 200 hours of community service, and played the violin in her free time. After reflecting on her high school career, Wall announced that she will be attending North Carolina State University (NCSU) next year. Tuffy, the NCSU mascot, ran out to celebrate with his incoming freshman and gifted her some new college apparel.

Regarding her moment in the spotlight, Wall noted that she was mixed with nerves and excitement. “I was nervous, but everyone there was so kind, so I became comfortable quickly,” she said.

The process began with a zoom call where NBC interviewed Wall about her college application process. The week before the show, NBC notified Wall and her family that they would bring her on an all-expenses paid trip to New York for filming.

“It was such an amazing experience and I really enjoyed meeting new people and celebrating my college decision,” Wall remarked. 

Following the interview, NCSU’s official Instagram account posted a welcome message for her and the rest of the Class of 2027. At such an important milestone for her, Wall was grateful for the unique opportunity to share her decision with the world.