Falcons making a splash: Green Hope Swim and Dive

Joseph Pollard

Members of the Falcon swim team, pictured left to right: Garlan, Owen, Colin, Thomas, Luke and Aadil.

Joseph Pollard, Staff Writer

On December 12th, the Green Hope swim and dive team competed in their second meet of the season. The Falcons clashed with rival high schools Green Level, Enloe and Broughton. In the end, Green Hope secured the victory with the Men’s team scoring 157 points and the Women’s scoring 152.

Before the meet, coaches and competitors on the Green Hope swim team verbalized their goals and desires for the new season.

“It’d be really nice if we could win state champs this year again, for a seventh year in a row,” claimed Luke Ramsey (‘24), a swimmer for the Falcons. Determined to play his part in the season, he further stated that “[he’d] like to go to the state champ meet [himself].” As for Regionals, coach Matthew Mosher is striving to “help as many students as possible qualify for the meet” and “have a little fun” along the way.

Though the Falcons dedicate themselves to coming out on top, their first priority for the season isn’t to earn a golden trophy. Rather, the most important things to the team is unity and camaraderie among its swimmers. “As I am new to the team, and this is my first year coaching, my first priority is building positive relationships with our student athletes and helping them build relationships with one another,” Mosher said. The coaches also expressed their desire for students to develop their leadership skills throughout their careers.

“The big thing is bringing everyone together,” expresses Claire White, an assistant coach. “Getting the older ones to learn to lead is one of the main goals, as well as getting everyone together as a team.”

Each Falcon on the swim and dive team looks forward to bonding with each other, and are optimistic about the season. They know that if they work as a team, they’ll dominate all competitors.