Concerts are a fun way to interact with your favorite artists surrounded by friends and fans. Photo by Anthony DELANOIX on Unsplash
Trips in the Triangle: Upcoming Concerts
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
Having a vacuum cleaner and trash bags helps complete cleaning with ease.
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
Felicity Falcon, Advice-Giver-in-Chief • April 12, 2024
As the 2023-24 school year wraps up, juniors prepare for college applications. Photo used with permission from Philippe Bout on Unsplash
Junior checklist for the college application season
Justin Jackson, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024
Played in the Hornets home arena, Charlotte played host to first and second-round matchups including UNC vs. Michigan State.
March Madness recap
Mason Dean and Mason ClineApril 11, 2024
Brinley Zalc (’24) is #5 on the womens soccer team and defends against an opponent from Athens Drive. Photo used with permission from Brinley Zalc.
Spring sports: Start of season recap
Armaan Minhas, Staff Writer • March 22, 2024
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap

Trips in the Triangle: Apex gems

Behind+every+small+business%2C+theres+a+story+worth+sharing.+Photo+by+Krisztina+Papp+on+Unsplash%0A++
Behind every small business, there’s a story worth sharing. Photo by Krisztina Papp on Unsplash

Known for being “the peak of good living,” Apex, North Carolina offers a diverse appeal of unique experiences. From cozy coffee shops to boutique stores, Apex has plenty to keep you busy. Whether you are seeking handmade treasures there is a vibrant community in these establishments.

Mission Market 

In the heart of Apex, Mission Market is a cute lunch spot that serves coffee, acai bowls, avocado toast, smoothies and fair trade gifts. Grayson Cuffe (‘24) said, “Mission Market was a nice environment and a great grab-and-go spot. It’s unique because the pesto panini was amazing, and one of the best paninis I’ve ever had. I would recommend this spot to others if you are craving delicious food. My experience was amazing and I go to Mission Market anytime I stop by Apex downtown.” With its mission centered around community engagement and sustainability, Mission Market handcrafts coffee and also offers a wide variety of sandwiches, pastries and snacks. Mission Market is a popular spot in Apex because it prioritizes customer satisfaction and a great guest experience.

Common Grounds Coffee House & Desserts

Nestled in downtown Apex, Common Grounds Coffee House & Desserts is known for its delicious coffee and inviting atmosphere. Established in 2008, its coffee, desserts, and ice cream have propelled the business onto a list of fan favorites. Common Grounds Coffee House & Desserts offers a diverse menu for various taste buds. Dillon Ho (‘24) said, “Common Grounds Coffee House & Desserts is a great spot to eat because of their delicious options, and I enjoyed their avocado toast a lot. The environment was very cozy and it seemed that a lot of people came to get work done or just have a nice bite with some friends. This place is unique from other places because of their customer service. The employees were very nice and also recommended different coffee options. I definitely would recommend this place because the food is amazing and it is a good place to drink coffee and sit down with friends. My experience felt like a movie when you walk in you get an aroma of coffee and pastries, and the environment was just fantastic.” The shop has a cozy seating arrangement and is a very great place to study and have a bite with your friends.

Treasure Quest Mining

Looking for a fun activity to do? Look no further than Treasure Quest Mining, an indoor gem mining, crystal, fossil and home decor gift shop. They provide a collaborative and unique gem mining experience for customers of all ages. The business offers hands-on opportunities for family and friends to mine for fossils and gemstones in a cozy environment. Overall, Treasure Quest Mining stands out as a unique business in Apex, providing education, entertainment and a hands-on experience of the natural world.

Bless Your Heart Boutique

Bless Your Heart Boutique stands out because of its locally crafted goods and its customer service. This retail store offers a wide variety of handmade jewelry and home decor, as well as women’s clothing. Bless Your Heart Boutique makes every visit feel special and fosters a sense of community.

These establishments make Apex a truly special place to visit and live.