The shop is one of five in North Carolina, with the others being in Raleigh, Garner, Apex and Rolesville. Soon, they will be opening a location in Six Forks.
Trips in the Triangle: Sodabox
Max Spiegel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
HBO Max’s newest documentary, Brandy Hellvile & The Cult of Fast Fashion, seeks to expose the secrets behind the trendy and aesthetic nature of the popular brand, Brandy Mellvile.
Brandy Hellville: Do you fit in?
Deepa Ramesh, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Campus Chronicles: Its closing time
Campus Chronicles: It's closing time
Regan Orlando and Neil Parmar May 2, 2024
Brij Bhatt (‘25) and Aidan Xu (‘25) heading off the court after a fierce doubles matchup. Photo used with permission from Rafik Khismatov (24).
Back to back?
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
Trips in the Triangle: Sodabox
Max Spiegel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Brandy Hellville: Do you fit in?
Campus Chronicles: Its closing time
Campus Chronicles: It's closing time
Back to back?
Back to back?

Fun fall farms: Top North Carolina farms to visit

Bright orange pumpkins, juicy red apples and sweet yellow corn are all staples of the fall harvest. As temperatures drop and leaves change color, these crops rise in popularity and farms open for visitors to pick their own fruits and vegetables and enjoy classic autumn activities. The GH Falcon has compiled a list of North Carolina farms with u-pick produce and fall events for families to enjoy!

Blueberry Thrill Farms offers a variety of fruits and vegetables that change with the season, such as blueberries in summer and apples in fall. (Y-Nhu Do)

Millstone Creek Orchards

Located in Ramseur, Millstone Creek offers plenty to do in a seemingly small and unsuspecting town. While apple season has unfortunately passed, the orchard will begin offering pumpkin picking beginning Sep. 30. The farm will also offer pecan picking in November. Additionally, kids can enjoy hayrides and playgrounds. Millstone Creek Orchards is well known for its sweet treats, especially its apple cider donuts. However, the apple cider donuts are only available on weekends.

Phillips Farms

Phillips Farms is a popular fall attraction in Cary. The farm has plenty of amenities for families to enjoy, including a family fun park with a corn maze and corn box. The farm also has a pumpkin patch and sunflower field. The sunflowers are predicted to be in peak bloom from Sep. 30 – Oct. 1. The farm will also have Halloween-themed offerings for October, such as a haunted park and maze. 

Blueberry Thrill Farm

Blueberry Thrill Farm is a hidden gem in Gibsonville. Unlike some of the other farms on this list, this farm only offers produce to be picked or bought rather than having additional attractions. However, Blueberry Thrill Farm is well known for its high-quality crops. Currently, the farm offers apples, pumpkins and muscadine grapes. 

Devil Dog Orchard

Like Blueberry Thrill Farm, Devil Dog Orchard in Reidsville only offers produce to be picked. The orchard is known for its easy to pick apples and friendly owners. While their apple season has finished for 2023, they still offer muscadine grapes. It is important to note that this orchard only takes cash.

Naylor Family Farm and Phillips Farm are both known for their corn mazes. (Photo by Amy Baugess on Unsplash )

Naylor Family Farm & Corn Maze

Naylor Family Farm is the perfect farm for all ages. Located in Fuquay-Varina, the farm includes all the fall essentials and much more. The farm is well known for its spooky hayride and well-kept pumpkin patch. The farm also includes a 7-acre corn maze, a 150 foot slide, pedal kart racing and farm animals. The farm can get busy, so come early if you want to beat the crowd.

Visiting farms can be a great way to spend a cool autumn day. If you are looking to pick produce or have some fall fun, check out some of the farms on this list!