Concerts are a fun way to interact with your favorite artists surrounded by friends and fans. Photo by Anthony DELANOIX on Unsplash
Trips in the Triangle: Upcoming Concerts
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 12, 2024
Having a vacuum cleaner and trash bags helps complete cleaning with ease.
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
Felicity Falcon, Advice-Giver-in-Chief • April 12, 2024
As the 2023-24 school year wraps up, juniors prepare for college applications. Photo used with permission from Philippe Bout on Unsplash
Junior checklist for the college application season
Justin Jackson, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024
Played in the Hornets home arena, Charlotte played host to first and second-round matchups including UNC vs. Michigan State.
March Madness recap
Mason Dean and Mason ClineApril 11, 2024
Brinley Zalc (’24) is #5 on the womens soccer team and defends against an opponent from Athens Drive. Photo used with permission from Brinley Zalc.
Spring sports: Start of season recap
Armaan Minhas, Staff Writer • March 22, 2024
Felicity Falcon: Spring Cleaning
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap
March Madness recap
Spring sports: Start of season recap

Roses to warm meals: Women’s shelter club

Aditi Bhadauria
Green Hope women’s shelter club members take part in the annual Valentine’s Day event, wrapping individual roses for the Raleigh Women’s Shelter.

By focusing on the needs of women on a local level, the Green Hope women’s shelter club strives to ensure no one in the community feels alone or forgotten. Established in the 2021-22 school year, Green Hope students made it their mission to provide essential support and care to women facing adversity in the Triangle.

Club president Rose Rosaleen (‘24) explained her reason for founding the club. “I wanted to start the club because I noticed that there were a lot of service clubs at Green Hope, but none of them helped out women at a more local level,” she said.

The club mainly holds workshops where members create handmade crafts to give to the local shelter. “All donations go directly to the women’s shelter club in Raleigh, such as the cocoa cups for the holiday event,” Rosaleen said.

Wrapping roses for women in need showcased the club’s sentimental support as well, giving love and support to the community. (Aditi Bhadauria)

On Feb. 12, the club gathered to wrap and package individual roses to give to the women’s shelter. Rosaleen explained, “We do this every year and when people think of helping out the community, they only think about food and other necessities but being happy is also a necessity, so having little things is also nice.”

Members of the club gather for monthly meetings where they can sign up to bring food items or volunteer and serve meals to 40-60 women at a time.

“A really important aspect of this club is serving meals, especially during the winter season because there is more emphasis on serving warm meals for the community and often people forget that not only soup kitchens need warm meals, local shelters do too,” Rosaleen said.

Beyond just providing material assistance, the club lets these women know that they are being seen and valued, that they are not alone in their struggles. Rosaleen plans to continue running donations and volunteering, because “it’s really easy to help out those in need when a lot of support is involved.”