Diving into freshman year: Eva Bostwick

Eva+Bostwick+%2826%29+diving+at+the+high+school+diving+Southwestern+Atlantic+Conference+%28SWAC%29.+

Eva Bostwick

Eva Bostwick (’26) diving at the high school diving Southwestern Atlantic Conference (SWAC).

Aariz Khan, Staff Writer

Green Hope Freshman Eva Bostwick’s passion for swimming developed at a young age. Although her career is just beginning, Bostwick has already made an impact on the Green Hope Swim & Dive team. On February 2, Bostwick placed seventh for Green Hope at the Southwestern Atlantic Conference (SWAC).

Recently, the GH Falcon spoke with Bostwick to learn more about diving career and her plans for the future.

When did you start Diving?

I was first introduced to diving when I was younger but didn’t stick with it. I was a dancer and gymnast my whole life and when I quit ballet I decided to go back. 

What is your biggest accomplishment as a Diver?

I think just being able to say that I competed at high school Regionals with some of the best divers is pretty big.

What was the process of joining the Green Hope Swim & Dive team like?

Swimming and diving is a sport that anyone can join even if you have no experience and I think that is a really important thing. I believe high school should be a place for people to try new things. Joining the team was fairly easy.

What are some of the goals you want to achieve as a member of the GH Swim/Dive team?

I hope to make it to states and bond with more of the team.

How are you balancing being on the Swim/Dive team with your academics?

With any sport it is definitely difficult to have a balanced schedule but if you have good time management it isn’t too overwhelming. I try my best to carve out time in my day to do school work and base when I go to practices off of how much I have to do that week.

What is your daily routine like as a Diver?

After school, I come home and work on some homework and get ready for practice. I dive at Duke so it is about a half an hour drive to get there. I get home and eat dinner. I try to make it a priority to get all of my homework done at night yet still go to sleep at a reasonable time, but sometimes that just doesn’t work out. 

What plans do you have after high school? 

I plan to go to college and med school and maybe dive.

What advice would you give to your teammates, or the Green Hope community in general?

I would say one of the most important things in being a student athlete is to make time for yourself. I like for everything to be perfect and sometimes that can be unhealthy. We all need to remember that some things are out of our control and our best is the most we can do. Always putting the expectation that you need to win or have to make a 100 is unrealistic. So when you are stressed out about a project or a big game, take a second to realize how accomplished you are. I think it is much more important to stay healthy rather than stay up all night to do homework or train too hard for something.

Bostwick is excited to continue competing for Green Hope in the years to come.