Ryan Musteikis, number 11, walks the field during a game as he gets ready to play midfield. Photo used with permission from Ryan Musteikis.
Live, love, LAX!
May 6, 2024
TikTok will be forced to sell their company to an American company or face a ban across the United States.
Time is up for TikTok
Leo McDunn, Staff Writer • May 8, 2024
With the weather warming, flower fields across the Triangle begin to bloom. Whether you would like to take pictures, pick flowers, shop organic products or simply take a stroll through picturesque nature, the Triangle has got a place for you!
Trips in the Triangle: Flower fields
Alan Shr, Staff Writer • May 7, 2024
Live, love, LAX!
Deepa Ramesh and Zoe Westerlund May 6, 2024
Corinne Isaacs (25) and Ivana Gomez (25) after finishing the 200m dash, placing first and third. Picture used with permission from Coach Julie Ross.
Green Hope outdoor track & field takes on the SWAC Conference meet
Miguel Carrasco Gomez, Staff Writer • May 6, 2024
Brij Bhatt (‘25) and Aidan Xu (‘25) heading off the court after a fierce doubles matchup. Photo used with permission from Rafik Khismatov (24).
Back to back?
Jason Huang, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
Time is up for TikTok
Leo McDunn, Staff Writer • May 8, 2024
Trips in the Triangle: Flower fields
Alan Shr, Staff Writer • May 7, 2024
Live, love, LAX!
Back to back?
Live, love, LAX!
May 6, 2024
Back to back?

Poll: Green Hope’s favorite sport student section themes

Athletic events at Green Hope are popular, with many games drawing over 100 students. The GH Falcon surveyed 107 students and staff to find out which student section theme was the overall favorite.

The GH Falcon surveyed students and staff to figure out the most popular sports theme. (Mason Dean)

1. Black out

In the lead as Green Hope staff and students’ favorite theme, black out won with eighteen votes.  For this theme, the student section was filled with people in all black outfits with eye-black stripes on their faces. Many seniors wore their black Green Hope graduation shirts to create a sense of community. 

2. USA

Being the second favorite theme, the Green Hope community enjoys dressing up for the USA games. In years past, students have worn outfits of founding fathers and shown up wearing American flags. This theme has always been popular and usually brings in large crowds. 

3. Neon out

As one of the favorites, students have transformed this theme from more than just neon out to also wearing construction-themed clothes. Reflective vests and hats are worn on top of neon clothes. Neon out is inarguably the most colorful theme. 

4. Pink out

In support of breast cancer, Green Hope staff and students wear all pink to a volleyball and football game every October. Many student section leaders also wear pink ribbons on their shirts to further represent breast cancer awareness month. People use pink eye-black and some students go as far as spray-painting their hair.

5. White out

Although this year’s white out football game against Panther Creek was rainy and cold, students and staff showed up sporting their white clothes. Many crowd members could be seen wearing rain jackets or even ponchos. Since this game was against Green Hope’s number one rival, many students wore the white “Fight for 55” t-shirts to cheer on the Falcons. 

6. Jersey out

As a fairly simple theme, jersey out is done by wearing a sports jersey of any kind. Some Green Hope students wear their sports team jersey to represent their school spirit. Many of the students and staff that voted for this theme did so because it was easy to dress for. 

6. Camo out

Camo out was tied with jersey out. This year, the football camo out game was delayed for an hour and ten minutes due to thunder and lighting. However, there was still a large crowd with everyone in theme. Some students wore their parents’ army outfits to demonstrate the camo and others wore hunting gear. 

7. Western Out

While it’s not the most popular theme, students are often inspired to go all out for western out games. At both the football and volleyball games that used this theme, there were many people wearing cowboy hats and cowboy boots.